Internal Auditor Magazine Introduces 3 New Blogs
New ‘Your Voices’ examines issues, careers, and personal insight
LAKE MARY, Fla. (Jan. 19, 2021) – Exploring topical issues facing today’s internal auditor, from frontline challenges to career advancement to personal insight, The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) introduces this week a new lineup of blogs on its popular InternalAuditor.org site.
The IIA, internal auditing’s most widely recognized advocate, educator, and provider of standards, guidance, and certifications, is launching “Your Voices” to educate and inspire readers by providing a platform for a chorus of practitioners from around the globe.
- Building a Better Auditor will appear biweekly on Tuesdays and focus on career advancement, from staff to CAE.
- On the Frontlines, to publish biweekly on Wednesdays, will examine topical issues around assurance and advice.
- On Thursdays, the third new entry, IAm, will offer an intimate glimpse into the lives of internal auditors at and away from work.
Building a Better Auditor premieres Tuesday, Jan. 19, with “Reflections on the Path to CAE,” by Uber Global Head of Internal Audit/Chief Audit Executive Dominique Vincenti, CIA, CRMA. She explores reaching the highest levels of the profession by setting goals and networking.
“We are so excited to introduce such a great diversity of voices from the profession,” said Anne Millage, editor-in-chief. “This is a key part of our strategy to present fresh perspectives and insights in novel and innovative ways.”
This week’s lineup on InternalAuditor.org:
- “Reflections on the Path to CAE” (Building a Better Auditor), by Vincenti.
- “Are Boards Negligent When Internal Audit Heads Are Hired and Fired?” (Chambers on the Profession), by IIA President and CEO Richard F. Chambers, CIA, QIAL, CGAP, CCSA, CRMA.
- “What a Long, Strange Trip It Has Been” (On the Frontlines), by Glenda Ostrander, CIA, CGAP, CRMA, Director of Internal Audit, Gwinnett County Public Schools.
- “IAm Valentina Kostenyuk Sabet” (IAm), by Valentina Kostenyuk Sabet, CIA, Risk & Controls Lead at Intel, Ireland.
Mike Jacka, CIA, co-founder and chief creative pilot for Flying Pig Audit, will continue to offer his wit and wisdom in From the Mind of Jacka: Creative Thinking for Times of Change.
The new array of blog posts are intended to inform, engage, and entertain, as they cover everything from tips on improving process to an audit report on Star Wars’ Galactic Empire.
IIA Global Director of Strategic Communications
About The Institute of Internal Auditors
The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is the internal audit profession’s most widely recognized advocate, educator, and provider of standards, guidance, and certifications. Established in 1941, The IIA today serves more than 200,000 members in nearly 200 countries and territories. The IIA’s global headquarters are in Lake Mary, Fla. For more information, visit www.theiia.org or www.globaliia.org.
About Internal Auditor magazine
Internal Auditor magazine is the world’s leading online publication covering the internal audit profession. Through award-winning writing and compelling feature articles, departments, blogs, and exclusive videos, Internal Auditor provides timely, helpful, and indispensable information for professionals who want to keep pace with the diverse, dynamic field of internal auditing. For more information, visit InternalAuditor.org.