Mieli VAA nariai, Europos vidaus auditorių asociacija spalio 6-7 dienomis organizuoja dviejų dienų konferenciją, kuri vyks Briuselyje. Pagrindinės ECIIA 2022 temos: tvarumas, inovacijos, skaitmeninis pasaulis, „minkštieji įgūdžiai“ […]Daugiau
Many organizations have been undertaking formal risk management for years. Others are still relatively immature in their approach and practices. Whatever their maturity and the perceived effectiveness of their risk management practices, organisations regularly fall foul of risk. Significant failures occur, reputation suffers, and the impact of poor risk management can have dramatic consequences.
This course will summarise key risk management concepts and look at what internal audit could and should consider in a review of this subject in an interactive and participative style. It will improve your ability to provide effective, professional insight and internal audit assurance over this most critical activity.
Who should attend?
This course is open to all. It is of most relevance to those about to embark upon an internal audit of risk management or of the team that leads on this activity in your organisation. It will also be valuable for those who manage audits in this area or for those wishing to stay up to date with topical developments in this field.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- understand what is meant by effective risk management and why it is so important for organisations
- identify and understand key risk management concepts and what organisations should do to meet good practice
- recognize the objectives of effective risk management and the key components of effective risk management in any organisation
- consider where risk management fails to achieve its aim
- develop an internal audit programme for reviewing risk management
- deliver professional, value-adding internal audit assurance over risk management practices.
This course will take you through the following learning steps:
- the purpose and objectives of risk management
- the benefits of effective risk management and common challenges
- the components and dimensions of good practice risk management
- identifying and assessing risk and appropriate mitigation associated with this subject – what can go wrong and why
- risk management trends and topical considerations
- how to deliver value-adding internal audit assurance over risk management.
The course includes facilitator input, short practical discussions, and a number of task-based exercises to reinforce the methods you have learned and build upon existing knowledge.
- Session 1 09:00 – 10:30
- Break 10:30 – 10:45
- Session 2 10:45 – 12:15
- Lunch 12:15 – 14:45
- Session 3 13:00 – 14:30
- Break 14:30 – 14:45
- Session 4 14:45 – 16:00
CPE competency areas covered.
Performance (Organizational governance)
Performance (Risk Management)
Performance (Engagement planning)
About the speaker:
John Chesshire, CFIIA, QIAL, CIA, CISA, has over 22 years of experience working in the internal audit, risk management, business improvement and governance fields. John is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute in the UK, is an Independent Internal Audit Committee Chair and has recently been Chief Assurance Officer for the States of Guernsey.
He has delivered many well-received courses to several European Institutes of Internal Auditors, and his other recent clients include FTSE listed companies, multinationals, central and local government, law enforcement, international charities, professional services companies, and international organisation such as NATO, the OECD and UN Agencies.
He is a principal examiner for the Institute of Risk Management and has been a visiting lecturer in the Governance and Assurance Hub at Birmingham City University. He loves internal audit, is a great friend of IIAs around the world and particularly enjoys working in new and emerging areas of assurance interest.
Date: April 25, 2023,
Location: remote meeting via Zoom (link be provided prior to the event)
CPE: 8 CPE awarded
Early bird tickets: 110 EUR for IIA members and 140 EUR for non-members
Prices will increase from 1st of April.
Registration is available until April 17, 2023